Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer Surprises












So, things have been happening this summer and I haven't been blogging.  This summer has continued to surprise me.  Over and over again.

I did not in a bazillion years think that I would have an amazing summer of romance.

I did not think I would be dating three men at once.

I did not think that dating the man I had been pining over for a decade would be such a disappointment.

And, I did not think that the one I was most reluctant to date would be the one I would leave the rest in the dust for.

I did not think someone would be calling me his girlfriend before the end of July.  Yet, that has happened, too.

I feel...
happy
thankful
cared for
nervous
excited
fearful
overwhelmed
joyful
romantic
beautiful
apprehensive
sexy
amazing
shining
.....and wrapped up in one big ball of emotion.

It's been 20 days since he first kissed me, and I am (as my knitting friends said at knit nite) beaming.  I have no idea what tomorrow brings, but I am trying my darnedest to live in the moment and enjoy this unexpected blessing.

The quote in picture I posted sort of explains what happened.  He keeps asking me why I started flirting with him one evening during conversation after we had been hanging out for months just as friends. 

I have no answer.

It just happened. 

I opened my heart just a crack?  I took down just one more brick that I had used to build a wall years ago?  I trusted that God had me in that moment for a reason?

I joke that it was the heat of the outdoor patio at night, or the fireworks peeking through the trees or the three bottles of beer I consumed... 

But Baby, if you are reading this, it was not the heat or the fireworks or even the beer. 

It was just you.

<3  

No comments:

Post a Comment