Within the past year and a half, I began to rethink my "must haves" for a potential spouse. You know what I'm talking about...the mega-list that a girl will make that includes all the qualities of her future spouse. I'm talking lines and lines of qualities that no man could possibly live up to. It's idealistic and unreasonable, but when you make it you don't realize how crazy it really is.
I really spent a lot of time contemplating and creating this new list. I tried to make it with attainable goals and only 5 points. Very important points. When I finished it, I realized why all my relationships did not work out. NO ONE (even my ex-fiance) would have gotten a "check" for all five points. And NO ONE has ever gotten a check for my number five. Or really, if I am completely honest with myself, NO ONE has gotten a check for my number four as well.
Yes, I still think number four and five are attainable. In fact, they are probably two of the most important points.
So, without further ado, I present my "five things."
1. He makes me happy to the point my friends comment on how happy I am.
2. He is a Christian and we feel comfortable praying with/for each other.
3. He is open to having children, if God so desires to bless us with such a gift.
4. I feel comfortable being my authentic self with him (I trust him). He likes me because (despite) of my quirks.
5. The way he treats me reminds me of how my Dad treats my Mom and how my Grandad treated my Gramma.
What do you think of my list? Do you have things that are "must haves" for a potential future spouse?