Sunday, March 21, 2010

floored

It's 2:00 a.m. and I'm still awake.  Why?  Because I was talking online to "outside the box" [otb] guy.  I'm a little floored at how much I like talking to him, how easy it is, and how I'm not worried at all that the conversation will morph into a morally questionable situation.  Unlike tmj-guy, otb-guy seems to be trustworthy in that department.  Yay.  Now, I just have to make sure that I don't run away, make excuses, or flake out like I have in the past.  Encouragement, please!

We've been emailing for about a week, and he asked me what I was doing for Palm Sunday.  At first I thought, wait, is next week Palm Sunday already?  I have completely lost track of time, apparently.  He suggested we go to the Cathedral Basilica St. Louis to meet for the first time on Palm Sunday.  At first I resisted, mainly because he would be driving in from Rolla, MO, just to go to Mass with me.  I mean, that's about a 2 hour drive and a little ridiculous!!  But, he insisted!  How could I say no?  So, I said yes.  I have a Mass-date with otbg on Palm Sunday.

I'm a little nervous.  I mean, I'm not nervous at this point about meeting otbg at this point, which is interesting in itself.  Instead, I'm nervous about Mass.  I tend to experience Mass in a very emotional way, and I'm not sure how he might react to tears (or, let's be honest, sobbing) on a first meeting.  Maybe I could warn him in a gentle way?  I'll have to think/pray about it.  But I think I'm even more nervous about explaining the situation in depth if he asks.  We haven't gone too in depth with faith conversations yet, and I don't want to scare him off with my spiritual gifts.  But then again, if he's freaked out by it, he's not the guy for me. [sigh].

I'm already planning a day trip with him.  He's already invited me to meet his family when they are in town in April.  We seem to be making future plans when we haven't even met yet.  Usually my flight response kicks in right about now...yet I'm not running away.

I'm intrigued.  I wonder what will happen next.

1 comment:

  1. Encouragement: first if a guy is willing to drive 2 hrs for anything to just see you its a good sign. For a guy to suggest going to mass and drive 2 hours to see you is a BLESSED HOLY SIGN!! Goodluck, and don't be afraid to be you emotional self, if he is going to be someone you might have a friendship if not a relationship then he should be comfortable with you, anywhere. Including mass. However, as guys are normally less emotional than us woman and can sometimes be unsure on how to proceed in awkward situations, and let's not forget its your first time meeting him... you might just want to mention in a casual way. maybe before mass as you both prepare for it to start. God bless.

    ReplyDelete