Saturday, May 15, 2010

literacy.

I have started making my summer reading list and collecting books to read! The magic number is currently 8. For those of you who are not working for school districts and working a teacher school year, that means 8 whole work days left until a summer full of vacation! For me, this is a milestone. This is the first summer I have not elected to work summer school. Additionally, I'm not taking graduate classes either. I'm a little excited, if you can't tell! ;)

When I consider my reading preferences, I look at fantasy, suspense, biographies, self-help, and faith. Those are my biggies. I chose to begin my summer book search at Catholic Supply - the place I always spend way too much money. Here's my awesome collection so far:

"The Restless Heart" by Ronald Rolheiser

"Forgotten Among the Lilies" by Ronald Rolheiser

"Saint Gianna Molla: Wife, Mother, Doctor" by Molla & Guerriero

"The World's First Love: Mary, Mother of God" by Fulton J. Sheen

"Padre Pio: The True Story" by C. Bernard Ruffin

"Deus Caritas Est (God is Love)" by Benedict XVI

"Spe Salvi (Saved in Hope)" by Benedict XVI


I hope my list inspires you to read something...well...inspiring this summer!  I'm hoping I have time to read all of these plus some other great reads.  I guess I'll find out!  <3 

2 comments:

  1. Those last three books are all awesome; haven't read the rest in your list though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...I've been waiting forever to get to them. Work and school just completely occupy my time most days. I'll review each when I'm finished. :)

    ReplyDelete