Wednesday, January 20, 2010

discipline, text messages, and gloom, OH MY!

I lack discipline. I really do. I don't get up at the same time every day. I don't go to sleep at the same time every day. I don't do work related tasks at predictable intervals. So, I'm trying something new.

Afternoon prayer.

I already try to carve out the 10-10:30pm time slot in my day to pray the Rosary with the radio. But in the afternoon right when I get home from work, I need something structured and productive to do in order to focus my attention for the rest of the evening. So, I'm going to try to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy at that time. I adore this prayer, but I often let it go because I "don't have time." Well, time shall be made.







Today I prayed it. I've decided I want to dedicate it each day to my current romantic relationship and to my future spouse. If they are the same person, well then, double the prayers! Again I state, that if I want a relationship to happen, I need to make it a priority. That means a priority in prayer as well.

Yay.

Speaking of the love interest, my day started better than usual this morning. Text messages at 5:56am usually don't happen, but this morning I got one from the love interest. A chipper good morning from him just seemed to spark a smile to start my day. Maybe him being a morning person is a good thing! lol. Now, if only he could text me every morning so I can wake up to him all chipper and smiling instead of my alarm...that would be fantastic. ;) Wait...what? Me? Wanting to be spoiled by a man waking me up in the morning instead of an alarm? Noooooo...

Anyway, today was pretty good besides the gloomy fog that has hijacked the St. Louis area for the past week. I drive by several cemeteries each day for work (my work area is like a connect the dots worksheet with cemeteries). The fog made it look really creepy today. Took some video while driving. Not the safest thing ever, but come on. Plus, if you listen, I have Glenn Beck on the radio. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment