Tuesday, January 19, 2010

shutting it down

It's been a long time since I have had problems sleeping because I couldn't turn my brain off. Does anyone else have this problem from time to time? I was exhausted at 10:30pm last night, and I went to bed. But I didn't actually fall asleep until 2:30am. UGH. Thoughts of boys, work, decisions, to-do lists, etc. ran around and around in my mind keeping me awake. Usually, I can turn on talk radio at night to focus my brain on something else, and it will help to lull me to sleep. Not this evening. Even praying the rosary didn't put me to sleep (which, at one in the morning usually does). Then, I woke up sickly this morning. Boo.

There was a time in my life that I could not get my self to sleep at night, but I've been fine for years. I hope this isn't a taste of what is to come. I know too many people who have to use medication for a sleep aid, and I don't want to be in that category.

Here's hoping tonight brings a good, easy, night of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment