Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Making Time

If any of my friends are reading this and get upset that I'm always so busy, please smack me in the face once in a while.  Yes, I try to do too much.  We all know that!  But there is so much more to life than work and school, and I need to carve out more time for play and life instead of work and study.  I guess this fact kinda kicked me in the head today when I was chatting with my love interest.  He's also a teacher, and he said that he's going to get really busy really soon with paper grading and such.  I'm trying to decide if that is a slight and a hint to back off or if he is just really busy.  I probably would have said the same thing, well, 2 months ago.  So, with him I'm trying to find the balance.  I may be ready, but that only hit me yesterday!  I don't want life to pass me by anymore.  I'm going to try to do as much work as possible during work hours, and keep home stuff for home.


This concept only becomes more difficult and complicated, however.  Today I assessed another student who will qualify for services on my caseload.  This beautiful child who requires my service will put my number of buildings at twenty.  I used to joke that I would soon be working in twenty buildings, but now that it is the truth and upon me next week it's not so funny anymore.  I'm not laughing.  I love my Dad to pieces, but I don't want to be that person that works at home all the time.  I don't want to always have the laptop with me writing reports while watching American Idol on the television.  I don't want to cancel plans because I have reports to write after work hours.  And from what my boss told me today, I think it's going to get mighty worse this year before it gets better.


So what do I do in the meantime?


Pray.  Pray alot!  Set limits, boundaries, and know that although I am a wondrous woman, I am NOT wonder woman!  [Okay, we both have an awesome rack - it's true!  lol].  It's okay to ask for help.  Who I am and what my purpose is in life extends far past my job and education.  In fact, I am starting to believe my job and education are a far second to what I really feel called to do - a wife, a friend, possibly a mom.  Ahhh, priorities!  I'd really just like a husband to serve and share life with.  If I make *that* my priority, I would feel like my calling would be fulfilled.  Maybe I should put that on my online profile...


So, as I'm looking at my Christmas tree still up and half decorated and thinking about my schedule of seven sessions, 10 students, and 6 buildings tomorrow, I'm not bothered.  I know I will get through tomorrow.  All that stuff will fall into place.  I'm intelligent, positive, and crafty.


I just wish I was coming home from it all to a sweetheart of my own.


Jesus, I trust in you!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment