Thursday, June 9, 2011

Poop Poop ba-Doop


Okay.  I just have to blog about this because it makes me crazy.  Did anyone else listen to Glenn Beck's radio show this week and hear his story about going to a New York City playground with his kids?  Oh my.  Watch it here.

To make a long story short, Glenn took his kids to a NYC playground only to witness two children urinate and one child defecate under money bars.  When the parent realized what was going on, she did not reprimand the children, but rather just said to not play under there anymore.  AND when the parent wasn't closely watching the children returned to the area to make sand castles in the human waste.  And when I say children, I mean girls that were about 6 or 7 - 1st graders.

What is this world coming to?  I heard this story live on the radio, and I had no words.  I think my jaw hit the floor and I had a new appreciation for living in "fly over country" and not New York City.  If that happened at a playground in St. Charles, I think other adults would say something and have a cow.  Don't you think??!  Would you have said something to the kids or the adult if you saw some first grader pooping under the monkey bars?  I think I would have, because of simple human decency!  ARG!

I find it amazing how if you allow your DOG to poop in public and you don't pick up the droppings that you get a fine and it is against the law (and others will call you out if you don't pick it up), but apparently it's okay to let 6 year old girls to do that same thing.  Are we turning into animals?  In the city of St. Louis, it's against the law to smoke a cigarette in public, but you can poop in NYC and no one will say anything.  This is just sick and disturbing.

Lord help me if I ever have to live somewhere besides the Midwest or Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment