Thursday, May 27, 2010

summer.

My summer vacation started yesterday at 3:30 pm CST!

I know it will probably go by quickly, but I sincerely need a break.  I was on the brink of serious burn out at work...I was starting to lose my patience with students (which rarely ever happens), and my creative mojo has been long gone for at least a week.  Luckily, I have the gift of being about to improvise simple vocal melodies over cool hip hop loops on GarageBand.  Easy electronic storybook turned into a visual enhanced musical podcast.  Woo! 

I haven't been blogging much lately because of work and school being so time consuming.  Many things have happened.  I just review several of my previous posts and wanted to share updates.  Get excited...

1.  I'm obsessed with Stargate Atlantis.  I saw the original Stargate movie when it came out in [eek] 1994-ish.  Loved it.  But I never got into the TV series.  Well, that has changed.  My geekdom hyperdrive is fully operational.  And...I found out that there are Stargate novels out...watch out summer reading list!

2.  Nothing happened with OTBG (outside the box guy).  We went on a Mass date and then to Bread Co...but it was awkward and strange.  We're friends on facebook...but I haven't spoken with him in weeks.  And I'm super okay with it. :)  I think I may need to put a nix on Mass dates...never work out in my favor.

3.  Did I mention I'm on summer break?

4.  TMJG (you really don't want to know what that stands for - guy) emailed me and asked me out...again.  [sigh]  I wrote him back a direct email and told him how utterly creeptastic he was on our date (in a nice, Christian way of course).  I said we could be friends if he really wanted to (maybe he just needs someone to pray for him?)...he said that would be great.  Haven't heard back.  DUUUUUUUH.  He was looking for a hookup and I could see it coming.  Bu-bye TMJG!  I won't miss you and your creeper-ness!

5.  Yesterday was great because it was my last day of work until August 13th, but it turned fantastic when I received an email from T.  He apologized for his contact being sporadic, and still wants to get together when he's back in the Lou.  He was writing from an internet cafe, which make me wonder where in the world he is located at the moment.  All I know is somewhere with a military base...  He should be back in St. Louis in a couple of weeks.

6.  I officially stepped out of my pilgrimage trip to Europe that should have been starting in about 10 days.  I thought I was going to have to work later into June, and I really just didn't have the extra funds.  Someday I will get to Lourdes, Fatima, and the like!  I'm sure there will be a more perfect trip sometime that includes a jaunt to Lisieux...

I will blog more in the near future.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment